Permanent, Full-time, Kerry
The core business of the company is the sales of marine products to trade, on-line and retail customers. The range includes but is not exhaustive to; boats, outboard engineers, boat trailers, kayaks, marine safety equipment and a wide range of chandlery. The company is in operation since 1963 and is based in Monavalley, Tralee.
This is an exciting management role in a progressive, supportive business with great potential for further growth. Management & sales experience are essential and while knowledge of the marine industry is desirable, but it is not essential.
It requires financial management experience in a general management capacity and is ideal for a self-motivated individual who can work under own initiative and is agile to respond quickly to changing markets and environments.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for the day to day management and development of the company to maximise growth potential.
• Responsible for and strict adherence to financial & budget management practises, including use of weekly and monthly financial reports.
• Management and supervision of the team ensuring smooth day to day operations of the company.
• Maintain strong relationships with existing trade customers and build new ones. Work collaboratively to forecast demands, ensure product is available and customer service levels are maintained and improved when possible.
• Review and streamline operational and on-line systems to ensure maximum efficiency in service delivery and maximise sales potential.
• Responsible for purchasing, forecasting and keeping up to date with industry trends, products and services.
• Responsible for stock management & inventory.
• Supervise the implementation of improved website capacity and increases usage of social media platforms to leverage sales opportunities.
• Oversee the implementation of a new ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system.
• Adapt with the demands of the role.
Essential knowledge and experience
• Operational experience in managing and delivering outputs in a complex environment.
• Strong leadership skills with a track record of innovation and implementing organisational improvements.
• High degree of personal integrity and honesty.
• Ability to monitor and evaluate quality of business outputs and outcomes.
• Excellent judgment, with flexibility and problem-solving abilities.
• Experience of managing and motivating others and supervising professional practice.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent IT and service data/case management software skills.
- A relevant 3rd level qualification AND a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a managerial role.
- Less formal qualifications will be considered if candidates can demonstrate significant managerial experience.
This is a permanent position, subject to a completion of a six-month probationary period.
Management Qualification / Financial Mgmt. Qualification
To be discussed
How to Apply:
- Applicants must possess the required competencies and personal specifications for the role.
- Please email your C.V. with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org -
- If you omit to include a cover letter your application will not be accepted